I do not have a Facebook account (sort of, I may or may not participate with a few others in a fake account to antagonize my friends who are on Facebook). I was on Facebook for a couple years, before it became the giant it is now. For no particular reason one day I decided to delete my account. No particular reason behind it, no thought, I just deleted everything. For about about a week I was jonesing to get on and see what everyone was up to, but before too long that feeling faded away (like my heroin seizures).
Now that I have had that social networking slug off my back I feel like rejecting some other forms of technology that are taking over our personalities. I'm pretty sure Myspace is dead to everyone with the exception of Twilight Fans. I won't even go into Twitter because if you can't figure out that letting the world know of every move you make during the day is incredibly vain and pointless, then by all means, keep tweeting (and being a turd).
Facebook is now creeping off the homepage and on to every other site on the Internets. You will be able to like and not like all kinds of things and all that information will be saved by Facebook and sold to advertisers so you will get the most specific ads ever splooging towards your face wherever you are. I like and not like all kinds of things on a daily basis and I express that by doing nothing except thinking "that's cool" or "Lame", then moving on. Suck on that advertising industry!
By the way, I do realize that there is some irony here by complaining about Facebook while self-righteously writing about it on a blog, but there is a difference. I genuinely want Facebook to fall apart and this is my contribution to that cause. I am not just telling you how I ate a kick-ass burrito, I want you to think Facebook is as retarded as I think it is. (Very)
So stop with the farmville and mafia-wars and joining groups that do absolutely nothing but pretend to be charitable. Stop living virtually and go plant some actual food, or give to charity, or kill someone with a piano wire. (Disclaimer, don't actually do that last one, the wire might snap)
Ahhh never mind. I'll chalk that up under who gives a shit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment